Meta-Tool

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:07:16 EST 2009

2009/12/4 Martin Häcker <mhaecker at schwarz-online.org>

> However we should really be focussing in getting people to actually use the
> different projects because we don't have the (high quality) problem yet that
> we need to aggregate votes - because there sadly are no voters yet. :/
>
> Which is what we need to change first. :)

Yes - which is why I am concentrating on the issues of getting test data,
marketing and users. One project I am currently working on for instance is
an architectural competition, if this goes as I hope there will be a lot of
participants. The aim will be to enter models to construct a virtual city,
and the theme will be A.topia / Dys.topia / U.topia. Entrants will be
architects, students and the general public. There will be an idea stage and
a modeling stage, and each stage needs judging. Because of the relevance of
the theme, I want to use Liquid Democracy in the "game play" - that is the
idea is to combine traditional jury based judging, with bottom up voting,
and this seems to me an area in which we could use LD with a significant
user base - in so doing stimulate wider interest and press in this area.