Meta-Tool

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Sun Dec 6 06:22:11 EST 2009

Hi,

> So it might be entirely reasonable to aggregate votes of different system in a meta-system where you can get an overview of what people in groups larger than one organization say.

I can imagine, that this part technically actually doesn´t require a lot
from the single systems. It would just be a continuous export of data,
which exist inside the systems anyway. Am I guessing right?

> Consider a small organization using a liquid tool to find out what they want - if their decisions are swamped by votes from other systems - it is pretty easy to loose the boundaries of the group and generate a lot of antipathy against the system where other people tell them what to do.

I like the idea of a vote-filter for solving this problem. Many useful
and intersting things could be done with it, like filtering all votes by
group-membership, gender, age, region of living, ... And also: this way
all voters could be allowed to vote in all polls - you just filter out
the meaningless.

> However we should really be focussing in getting people to actually use the different projects because we don't have the (high quality) problem yet that we need to aggregate votes - because there sadly are no voters yet. :/

I think, the vote-mirroring would actually make it easier for new users
to get involved, because the decision which engine to use wouldn´t
matter so much anymore.

Also I somehow still have the impression, that there are thousands of
pirates out there, who are just waiting for the starting shot. Am I
wrong with this?

Best wishes,
Thomas