[MG] Wise Use of Funds Raised

Ned Conner npconner at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 22:02:54 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

    Mark> The freemasons are fine. But a huge supporting group if you
    get their approval. Politically or financially.

This I understand. Yes. Any such group of the public sphere, of like
mind, would be good to have on board with the plans and projects. The
more the merrier.

    Mark> Now to become soveriegn is a nice thing. It let's you start
    with a clean slate.

Ed and I are interested in hearing about the hows and gotchas of
establishing one or more new sovereign states, that would exist and
operate outside the jurisdiction of existing states. As you say, each
new state would indeed start with a clean slate, as if the founders had
just landed at a cyberspace version of Plymouth Rock.

    Mark> Now the type of soveriegn state would be to let the individual
    retian its soveriegnty while abiding to the guidelines of law
    prefferably to the declaration of human rights. Its an international
    guideline system.

As to the norms and inner workings of each newly created sovereign
state, we the people in it (founders and joiners) would be continually
determining those -- yes?

For example, in one of the new states, it might be decided that we
wanted to charter no corporations, to have no copyright or patent
monopolies, to have our own open source public bank with its own
currency, our own open source clones for eBay, Paypal, Kickstarter, our
own learning systems, and so on.

Initially, each new state might exist and operate solely in cyberspace.
Eventually (at the point that a particular cyber-state had become
popular enough in national populations), the new state might be able to
establish treaty relations with the nations, that would enable sovereign
landparcel-based existence and operation. At that point, the new state
would no longer be just a cyber-state.

 From the perspective of international law, would it be possible to
create such states? If so, what would it involve, and what pitfalls
would there be?