Polltrack

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 04:04:12 EST 2012

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 6:50, Michael Allan wrote:
> It's the same size, just a different shape (more starlike). [...] I
> added some extra "rays". Still, it might not be enough.

It is visible enough now, I feel, but for my taste, the starlike shape
is to complicated somehow. All other symbols are very very basic. Isn't
there another realy basic symbol we could use? (Somehow I can't believe
that I'm asking this. It's my perfectionism driving me. Please be aware
of that!) But in case you want to stay with the starlike symbol, please
add those rays and the brightness also to the mouse over view.

> That's a cheap Christmas gift, I can afford that one. :-)
> http://zelea.com/var/db/repo/votorola/rev/9cf01f27cb1e

Thanks! :-)

>> And in vote-space, if I expand the tree a lot and have to scroll the
>> screen to the left and right, I'd like all the tracks stay stable at
>> the top and not move.
> We could probably do it by gluing it to the screen, like in the
> drafts.  Normally I wouldn't put much effort into the old votespace,
> since we'll have the new curtain version at some point.  But it's
> probably only 1 day.

What priority has the new curtain version for you? And also, how long,
do you think, would it take?

> I feel it's a higher priority now to expose the software more. So the
> home page, the mailing list, and (if others agree) Metagov pages.
> That's maybe 2 weeks. I'm hoping we'll get more developers at some
> point. It's always a long shot, but the earlier we try the better. But
> I'll do these two improvements (above) whenever you say.

Yes, lets do the exposure first and the others after that.

Thomas