Polltrack

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Nov 6 19:51:20 EST 2012

> It is visible enough now, I feel, but for my taste, the starlike
> shape is to complicated somehow. All other symbols are very very
> basic. Isn't there another realy basic symbol we could use? (Somehow
> I can't believe that I'm asking this. It's my perfectionism driving
> me. Please be aware of that!) ...

Perfectionism is good. :-)  I tried different shapes.  See track.svg
graveyard: http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/web/context/stage/poll/
What should we do here?  Is there anyone out there with Inkscape who
can improve the Issue icon?

One possible caveat: these icons could easily vanish when we get a
full pollspace curtain or scene.  The polltrack will have to abide by
the full visual, whatever that turns out to be.  That doesn't
necessarily mean the iconography will change, but it might.

> ... But in case you want to stay with the starlike symbol, please
> add those rays and the brightness also to the mouse over view.

This is the trouble I ran into earlier.  I found the mouse-over for
the unspecified (plain Issue) stub has to be subdued.  The stub is a
tiny dot (which is nice, because it adds texture) and needs to expand
to something less than the other stubs, or it feels wrong (at least
for me).  That's why I broke out a "Staged" version of the Issue icon
and put all the brightness there.

(I answer about curtains separately.)

Mike