Polltrack

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Nov 6 00:50:22 EST 2012

Thomas von der Elbe said:
> It is better now, I think, but I still find it to small and hard to
> see, if it is selected. What is inconsistent about making it the
> same size as the orange "+"?

It's the same size, just a different shape (more starlike).  You can
see the details of the iconography in the SVG file, e.g. in Inkscape:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/web/context/stage/poll/

I added some extra "rays".  Still, it might not be enough.
http://zelea.com/w/G/p/sandbox

  (hit refresh)

> Now it has two backgrounds, one moving down (which is good) and the
> other staying on top, which I think before was not the case and I
> liked it more before, I think.

I agree, it was better before (it was grey before).  Fixed:
http://zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/Tor/p/grfin

> Well, if it was Chrismas and I could have wishs, then:
>
> I'd like the magnifiing glass to disappear on the right side of the
> poll-track, where there are no more polls atm.

That's a cheap Christmas gift, I can afford that one. :-)
http://zelea.com/var/db/repo/votorola/rev/9cf01f27cb1e

> And in vote-space, if I expand the tree a lot and have to scroll the
> screen to the left and right, I'd like all the tracks stay stable at
> the top and not move.

We could probably do it by gluing it to the screen, like in the
drafts.  Normally I wouldn't put much effort into the old votespace,
since we'll have the new curtain version at some point.  But it's
probably only 1 day.

> Then I think, it would be good, if I mouse over the vote-track, to
> have the same behaviour as if I mouse over the poll-track, i.e. a
> little window with the name of the voter attached to the
> mouse-pointer. In this track probably better below the
> mouse-pointer. You suggested this imo, when we spoke last. The only
> disadvantage here is on a position page, if I scroll down, this
> window would cover some of the position, but I think it is worth the
> consistency in usage.

I agree.  This is maybe 2 days.

> But this is all low priority I guess.

I feel it's a higher priority now to expose the software more.  So the
home page, the mailing list, and (if others agree) Metagov pages.
That's maybe 2 weeks.  I'm hoping we'll get more developers at some
point.  It's always a long shot, but the earlier we try the better.

But I'll do these two improvements (above) whenever you say.

> Here in votespace there is some bug; if you mouse over the
> vote-track, the users highlighted in the tree are wrong ones:
> http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/Votespace?p=G!p!sandbox&u=Alex.rollin-GmailCom

Whoops, fixed.

Mike