Mini-beta and redesign of Crossforum Theatre

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Mar 27 00:12:03 EDT 2012

Dear folks,

Another piece of the beta construction is now ready for use (with some
caveats).  The "link track" you see on top of this draft is identical
to the one that was added to the difference bridge:

  http://zelea.com/w/User:Frank-FlippityNet/Sys/p/sandbox

To visit the difference bridge, simply make use of the bridge footings
(floating left) to activate a difference, then click on a bridge link.

The next installment will add support for remote wikis.  If you click
on a draft link (top right), then it might take you anywhere.  But the
link track and other "props" of the stage *should* be able to follow.

The stage is the foundation for this, of course.  If we build a strong
stage, then we can load all the necessary facilities on it and extend
them outward to where all the people are.  Here are the tech docs:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/s/gwt/stage/Stage.html

Caveats
-------
Only tested on Chromium and Firefox.  Will not work on IE yet.

Logging in or out of the bridge may pop a complaint about a "wild
exception" or "aborted prompt".  Just press OK.  I'm working to fix
this and other bugs.

After creating a new draft, most of the link track is disabled for
that page.  The temporary workaround is to close and reopen the
browser window or tab.

The "voStage.clear" hash doesn't work as advertised in the stage docs.
This is only for developers.  The workaround is the same: close/reopen
the browser window/tab.

Stage state does not transit a dragged link.  If you click on a draft
link from the bridge, for example, then the corresponding difference
footprint is automatically activated in the draft.  But this happens
only if you click on the link, not if you drag it to another window or
tab. (note to myself, see FIX in Stage.ReferrerRelayer)

If you see any other bugs, please let me know!