what is your project about?

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Sep 19 21:38:15 EDT 2011

----- Forwarded message from Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur at verizon.net> -----

From: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur at verizon.net>
To: 'Michael Allan' <mike at zelea.com>, 'Alex Glaros' <alexglaros at gmail.com>
CC: 'Votorola' <votorola at zelea.com>, 'Ed Pastore' <epastore at metagovernment.org>, 'Thomas von der Elbe' <ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de>
Subject: RE: what is your project about?

Hey, Michael, thanks for copying me.

Alex, the real benefit of StratML will be realized when folks like you don't need to accidentally "browse" to see something of interest but instead can intentionally enter a few words about your own objectives and automatically discover others who are pursuing the same or complementary objectives.

BTW, I became virtually acquainted with Michael via the Metagov listserv, to which I subscribed to explore prospects for using Metascore <http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/MGPwStyle.xml#_edc609c7-1bae-4f98-9e54-bb601881051f>  to facilitate stakeholder feedback on objectives documented in StratML format.  I eventually unsubscribed because it did not seem that any of its subscribers shared my interest in that regard.

However, I encourage you to avoid reinventing wheels that Metagov folks may have already created but, instead, to explore prospects for leveraging and adding value to their efforts.  See http://xml.gov/stratml/drybridge/index.htm#Metagov and particularly http://metagovernment.org/wiki/Active_projects

It would be good if the missions, visions, values, goals, objectives, and stakeholders of each of those projects were documented in StratML format.  The most recent “plan” I have for Votorola in StratML format is available at http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/VwStyle.xml.

Owen