what is your project about?

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Sep 17 23:37:19 EDT 2011

----- Forwarded message from Alex Glaros <alexglaros at gmail.com> -----

Subject: Re: what is your project about?
From: Alex Glaros <alexglaros at gmail.com>
To: mike+dated+1316736688.201b7c at zelea.com, Votorola <votorola at zelea.com>

Thanks for the information Michael,

Is your software open source?

I do need some sort of voting software but not as sophisticated as yours.

Regarding my project, citizens and vendors submit ideas to government,
and government votes on the ideas’ value and if they want to pursue
them or not.

http://www.gov-ideas.com/citizen-suggestion-database.htm.  The
flowchart at the bottom summarizes the whole idea.

I’m also trying to figure out a way to create a what-if process.  That
is, if enough government organizations decide they want to
collectively purchase a shared software system, then they can
determine if they can afford it.  In other words, they want to ask
their external government partners “what if we all pitched in to
purchase this software as a group? Are there enough of us?”

Do you have anything like that, that my organization could use?  We
are nonprofit and have no budget to purchase a commercial product.

Your project looks pretty cool.  Good luck with it.  I found it on the
http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#Glaros site next to my project.

Thanks and take care,

Alex

----- End forwarded message -----