[MG] Minimal start plan - inter-community network

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Tue May 31 18:58:58 EDT 2011

Am Tuesday 31 May 2011 schrieb Michael Allan:
> Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> > I think the 4 maps are good! At least I cannot think of anything
> > better.  Its a lot of added complexity though. Whats hard for me to
> > imagine beforehand is the navigation between them (especially in
> > combination with zooming). Maybe a lot depends on that navigation. I
> > hope, you have a clearer picture of that than I, Mike.
>
> The links in the detailed view (d) can do that job.  Select an item in
> the communities map for example, and (d) will show links to:
>
>   * Polls the community participates in
>   * People who are active members of the community
>   * Topics the community discusses
>
> Or select an item in the poll map, and you get links to:
>
>   * Communities that are participating in that poll
>   * People who are participating in that poll
>   * Topics that poll is about
>
> And so on for the other map types (people and topics).  In addition,
> when the topics map is filtered to a specific set of keywords -
> usually those of a community, poll or person - then it will also
> provide links to:
>
>   * Communities that discuss (some or all of) those topics
>   * Polls about those topics
>   * People interested in those topics
>
> In those views, you'll see exactly how many keyords are matched by
> each item.  This will indicate (very roughly) how interested each
> person is in the community, or each community in the poll, and so
> forth.  We might generalize this matching trick to sets of other
> items, aside from topics.  So, for the active membership of a
> community, which is a set of people, you would see:
>
>   * Communities in which (some or all of) those people participate
>   * Polls in which they participate
>   * Topics that interest them
>
> So links will provide navigation from map to map, as well as the
> filtering (zooming) of each map.  The feed will be filtered to match.
>
> > The plan sounds good, for sure.
>
> I guess the social tasks (s) are what drive it.  We need to find
> people with fire under their butts, then go to work to keep them happy
> with the tools.  There's no other way forward I can see.  Rationale:
> http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2011-May/00402
> 4.html

+1 Maybe you can add a "resources" map (for economical planning) to the
agenda, I'll do it once my exams are over (I am still thinking about it,
although I have little time for developing atm.) I have talked with Thomas
about my ideas and maybe he can ellaborate on that as well a bit with me (the
agenda and integration with the current ideas about social maps). I will open
a different thread for that if you have time to discuss plans about it, Thomas.

conseo