[MG] Setting up a prize

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Thu May 19 06:20:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 15:20, Michael Allan wrote:
> "Open" it is:
> http://metagovernment.org/wiki/User:Michael_Allan/G/p/prz
>
> It's food for thought to consider how votes serve only as carriers for
> money in this issue, and how the count of money (not votes) is what
> matters most.  In other issues it's properly the voters who draft the
> text, but here it's properly the donors.  No donors, no text.

Yes, fascinating, isnt it? Conseo has thought a lot about this too. It
could be applied to quite a number of cases.

> Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
>> Here is the our vote-cycle ...
> Yes, I saw.  I looked when it was still a cycle.  I guess if we *did*
> find a use for cycles then we'd have to improve the UI.  That on top
> of figuring out how to apply cycles uptree where logically they cannot
> exist.

Something with a similiar effect like a cycle uptree would be a
"group-accout" (like a sockpuppet) which doesnt count as a vote, but
functions as a node, which a number of people (otherwise in a cycle)
could vote for. ... just an idea.

Thomas