[MG] Votorola to overcome voting machine issues

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Mar 23 16:21:55 EDT 2011

Chris Cargile wrote:
> ... I thought I would find out the requirements for installing
> Votorola and give installing a try if it would be of benefit to the
> group. ...  My interest was in evaluating it from an installation
> standpoint, essentially...

Just as a general note: The technical entry paths we're able to
support at this stage (alpha prototyping) are for:

 (a) Developers who want to modify the software.  We can help you with
     building and deploying the code.

 (b) Administrators who want to spark formal consensus-making efforts
     in specific areas.  We can show you how to set up for that.  It
     doesn't involve installing Votorola.

 (c) Users who want to join existing consensus-making efforts as alpha
     testers, reviewers or designers.

It think you want (b).  But I would recommend starting with (c).  Then
you'd have a better idea of what you're getting into, and how it might
relate to the voting machines you mentioned.  We're looking to do a
little (c) ourselves, I think in this context:
http://metagovernment.org/wiki/Main_Page/2010-redesign