[MG] Coming to grips with success - communities and lateral extension

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Jun 3 01:00:03 EDT 2011

Hi Florin,

Unfortunately I can't find a discussion site, and the past two weeks
of talk pages contain no dialogue.
http://ontariosiwiki.marsdd.com/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=30&namespace=1

They don't want to hear from the public.  It's run by the Ontario
government to "help the private and not-for-profit sectors generate
revenues".  http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/english/news/OIA051611_bd1.asp

Here's how the wiki fits in: "The wiki was developed by The Working
Group, a Toronto based web design company and Moxie Insight, an
innovative research company that focuses on emerging technology trends
and their impact on businesses."
http://www.news.ontario.ca/mri/en/2011/05/summit-builds-new-partnerships-for-greater-good.html

Now that those two companies have generated some "revenue", the wiki
they "developed" serves no further purpose.  They took the policy
paper from it a few days ago and they'll let us know "in mid-June" how
long they'll keep it running:
http://ontariosiwiki.marsdd.com/index.php/How_To_Use_This_Site#Questions

I don't know if you're from Canada.  I'm afraid that's how government
works here.  Party campaigns are funded by entrepreneurs as a kind of
investment.  They make money at it from both sides.