[MG] Decorating the bite feed - coding plan

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Jan 17 15:57:13 EST 2011

Alex Rollin wrote:
> I would simply add that a goodly portion of this type of work has
> already been done by other projects.  There's even an API for Drupal
> Feeds that can accept a JSON parser.

I misunderstood you!  I thought you were saying that crossforum
theatre is unoriginal.  Others have produced it already, "So why
re-invent the wheel?"

Instead you're saying it could have been produced in Drupal/PHP, "So
why produce it in GWT/Java?"

> I understand this is exciting, and I'm excited too, and within that is
> my now explicit agreement that "generic" facilities are key.  I'm just
> not sure why all this needs to be built from scratch.  I understand
> the need to prototype, and I'm merely bringing up what I mentioned 4
> or 5 months ago that the facilities for feed parsing and data display
> are well established in other projects.

I guess Conseo has answered in the other thread, so I won't cross his
thread.