[MG] Decorating the bite feed - coding plan

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:29:12 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:
> Alex Rollin wrote:
>> I would simply add that a goodly portion of this type of work has
>> already been done by other projects. ?There's even an API for Drupal
>> Feeds that can accept a JSON parser.
>
> I misunderstood you! ?I thought you were saying that crossforum
> theatre is unoriginal. ?Others have produced it already, "So why
> re-invent the wheel?"
>
> Instead you're saying it could have been produced in Drupal/PHP, "So
> why produce it in GWT/Java?"

Yes, and today  learned a lot about GWT based on his cues and I can
understand why you want to do it this way.

In all, i was really just offering caution before going wild and crazy
with so many bells and whistles.  In no way was it meant to be a
critique of you or Conseo or your work; just a caution and a pointer
to massive work already done on feed processing that might be helpful.

This is all very self-serving, for me, and I'm aware of how and why;
you see, I am interested in returning to the Votorola app, at some
point sooner rather than later, to begin more work on
updating/creating-anew an interface that "does communicative
assent/action" and I realize that while I may not be able to help with
GWT coding of such a thing, if it did serve the purpose I would offer
to build some wild bells and whistles feed processing app, if that
would help us meet the prototype case you have, so we could also, as a
now larger group, look again at votorola and how y/our novel approach
will become whatever is next.

> Michael Allan
Alex