[MG] Home page redesign competition

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Thu Jan 27 06:48:16 EST 2011

Hello,

Ed Pastore wrote:
> Concerning messaging, that is the general point behind the homepage
> redesign:
> http://www.metagovernment.org/wiki/Main_Page/2010-redesign
>
> I haven't been promoting it recently because I don't want to detract
> from all the other active threads, but this is a great start in the
> right direction of making our message more readily approachable.

I agree, it is defintetly a high priority.

> I'm still leaning toward #8, but I think all of them could use the
> help of some graphics to make them both more appealing and to have a
> better immediate impact.

I really like your synthesis-approach #8, and would vote for it, but
still had a few improvements to suggest.

> Owen pointed out, off list, that it would be laborious and confusing
> to have to delve through all of the proposals ...

Yes, and even with synthesis #8 the problem remains. If I make my own
clone of it, and the others too ... soon we will have 9 versions again.

Now, I don't want to push the idea at you, but I think it would make
things easier, if we would use good old Votorola for drafting a document
like this (a bit long and complex).

Should we give it a try?

Thomas