[MG] Home page redesign competitionlist

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Sun Jan 30 07:32:29 EST 2011

Hey,

> > I'm still leaning toward #8, but I think all of them could use the
> > help of some graphics to make them both more appealing and to have a
> > better immediate impact.
>
> I really like your synthesis-approach #8, and would vote for it, but
> still had a few improvements to suggest.

+1 for #8 and +1 for some additions maybe. (but I would take this version first
and take about changes later)

> > Owen pointed out, off list, that it would be laborious and confusing
> > to have to delve through all of the proposals ...
>
> Yes, and even with synthesis #8 the problem remains. If I make my own
> clone of it, and the others too ... soon we will have 9 versions again.
>
> Now, I don't want to push the idea at you, but I think it would make
> things easier, if we would use good old Votorola for drafting a document
> like this (a bit long and complex).

That is definetly true. This is a perfect use case for Votorola, esp. since we
do text drafting in branches directly and not only voting on some version.  We
only need to install some extensions for mediawiki (which needs postgresql for
us though) + the votorola binaries. Yet we might wait until we can use
Crossforum to browse the social stuff like Mike suggests and therefore can
avoid the old interface, which is not really self-explaining.

> Should we give it a try?
>
> Thomas

conseo