Can our party pick your brain?

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Feb 16 17:06:31 EST 2011

Suppose you hadn't asked us to probe for "weaknesses" in the first
place, or for any sort of "knowledgeable feedback".  Suppose instead
that an unprompted onlooker is simply curious about how it works.  In
complete innocence, he asks:

> > A party candidate must first win office, if I understand.  Let's
> > say she is elected to Queen's Park where she sits as an MPP for
> > one of the Toronto ridings.  Suppose that a particular issue
> > subsequently arises in the legislature, and the party members
> > reach a rough consensus on a course of action.  The MPP is now
> > expected to follow that course of action?  Is that how it should
> > work?

Would you reply to his question as you replied to mine?

With all goodwill,