Can our party pick your brain?

Rohan Jayasekera 1 at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 13 13:29:01 EST 2011

I'm only an "interested onlooker" of Votorola, so Kevin Morais's
request for more knowledgeable feedback still stands.  I'd like to
make a comment in passing.  I've just been to the site that he's
created, and have learned that the Transparency Party's plan is to
make direct democracy come about by electing candidates who then
"follow the orders" of the party members who vote online with respect
to each upcoming bill.  I find this very exciting because it might
work.  It doesn't try to change a political structure that is
resistant to the idea of its own elimination (a weakness of most
proposals I see for reforming democracy), and it provides a gathering
point for the "early adopters" who are a necessary step in
transforming any isolated interest into widespread adoption.  Perhaps
the route of the Transparency Party is obvious to other members of
this group who are more actively involved; it wasn't to me.