Guided creation of new drafts in the pollwiki

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Dec 5 07:36:01 EST 2011

This is just to report minor code changes in (A) draft creation and
(B) bridge footings.  (Thomas, please see 5.)

(A) The draft creation guide (MyDraft) now includes a preliminary step
for logging into the pollwiki.  This should make the process a little
less confusing for new users.  Again, the test instructions are:

  1. Logout of both pollwiki and vote-server.
     http://zelea.com/w/
     http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/

  2. Visit a candidate draft, such as Iden's:
     http://zelea.com/w/User:Idenation-GmailCom/NYC/p/malet

  3. Click on 'my' or 'My position'.

  4. Login under an alias, simulating a new user.

     You see 'Create a page', with instructions.

  5. Follow the instructions.

     That gets you a draft page with Iden pinned to it.

    (Thomas, I think you didn't get the pin because you clicked 'my'
     on a poll page.)

Or, for a remote drafting wiki:

  1. Logout of drafting wiki, pollwiki and vote-server (!).
     http://metagovernment.org/wiki/
     http://zelea.com/w/
     http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/

  2. Visit a candidate draft, such as:
     http://metagovernment.org/wiki/User:ThomasvonderElbe/draft_rules

     etc. as above

(B) The floating nav controls for the bridge footings are now tinted
slightly for better visibility, as suggested by Benjamin Abrams.
http://zelea.com/w/User:Test-bg-ZeleaCom/G/p/sandbox

  (hit refresh)

Currently the nav controls are only tested on Firefox and Chrome.  IE
is not yet supported.  Please let me know if there are any problems,