After our mail exchange

Matteo matteomartini72 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 03:55:40 EDT 2011

> I hope he is, that would be great.  Collaboration with other projects
> is a high priority for us.

So far I am in talks with Mr. Armando Vieira and Nicola Giulietti from
Agora 2.0 among others.
I will let you know if anyone will be interested in further
discussions.

> I watched his presentation.  I don't know Italian so I can't tell how
> similar his design is.  But it might not matter, at least not for
> technical collaboration.  We can bridge differences of design using
> techniques like Thomas's vote mirroring.  It enables us to translate
> between voting methods and to interconnect pools of votes that would
> otherwise be isolated.

All project Agora 2.0 is in Italian, unfortunately.
Later on, I will try to provide more info about this project.

> (If you made a breakthrough in that direction, then we'd almost
> certainly follow you.)

OK.
I will try.

> I'm sorry, because I may have misunderstood your concern and given you
> the wrong impression.  We definitely care about presentation.  We also
> know that we're not doing a good job of it.  The issue gets raised now
> and again, most recently a couple of weeks ago.  One suggestion was to
> place a running instance of crossforum theatre in the home page.

I think a good presentation may be good for people willing to know
more about Votorola
but without much time to go through all the pages in detail.
Maybe some parts of my old presentation for Project Idemocracy
(www.idemocrazia.it) can be used,
other can be corrected/added in order to fit the specifications of
Votorola?
After one version is done, it should be easy to customize it in other
languages
Maybe I can discuss about this with Thomas?

> Crossforum theatre aims to be an integrated UI layer spanning multiple
> media and toolsets (more than just Votorola).  It also aims to be the
> primary entrance-way for new participants.  We now have two developers
> working full time on it, and there's always room for more.

I am talking now with two Java developers.
Maybe, if I could receive some basic code to be done as test work,
with 3 to 4 hours of work to be done,
(I can hire only one)
I could forward this to the developers and see what they can do.

Matteo