After our mail exchange

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Apr 9 15:01:46 EDT 2011

Matteo wrote:
> I think a good presentation may be good for people willing to know
> more about Votorola but without much time to go through all the
> pages in detail.  Maybe some parts of my old presentation for
> Project Idemocracy (www.idemocrazia.it) can be used, other can be
> corrected/added in order to fit the specifications of Votorola?
> After one version is done, it should be easy to customize it in
> other languages Maybe I can discuss about this with Thomas?

Okay.  Thomas is in the list, I'm sure he'll reply soon.

> I am talking now with two Java developers.  Maybe, if I could
> receive some basic code to be done as test work, with 3 to 4 hours
> of work to be done, (I can hire only one) I could forward this to
> the developers and see what they can do.

If you have no preference, then I would suggest something related to
crossforum theatre.  Here it is running:
http://metagovernment.tuxfamily.org/crossforum/#c=DumG

  Background

    The theatre currently has 6 combinations of components.  These are
    named DumDum, DumG, DumT, DD, DG and DT.  Here they are:
    http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/#demo

    To switch among them, we provide these bookmarklet controls:
    http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/#control

  Problem

    Theatre users are unaware of all these combinations.  Either they
    don't know about the bookmarklet controls, or they don't find them
    useful, or something else.

  Task

    Start developing a solution.  Feel free to ask questions and to
    speak directly with users in the Metagov list, or elsewhere.  Bear
    in mind that a complete solution in 4 hours is probably
    impossible.  Focus on making useful progress.  It would be useful
    to propose a design, for example, and (time permitting) to
    estimate the implementation.

What do you think?  I'll keep my Skype box running for a few days in
case we need to speak.  My username is michael_c_allan.  Please feel
free to ping me,