StratML Narrative - Case Use of Votorola?

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Sun Oct 24 04:49:36 EDT 2010

Hey Alex,

I just read through your text. First, ofc it's easy to imagine how
Votorola comes into play. It's the perfect usecase for it.

Then, Owen Ambur is one of the active makers of statml and also a member
in the metagov-list. We have been talking with him about using stratml
in Votorola.

Then you write: 10. An active amendment that remains unopposed for 30
days will be integrated into the active strategy document immediately,
creating a new version of the active strategy document

I see a possible problem. E.g. three bad guys over-float the rest of the
group with countless active amandments, until they cannot keep up
opposing anymore. I would prefer a majority rule like: at least 60% of
the owners must vote for the amandment for at least 4 weeks.

Then there is also no more use for: 2. A group of 3 or more owning
members may propose an amendment to the active strategy document.

Because every single owner could propose one without harm.

An additional good thing with Votorola would be: If an amandment can not
climb higher then 50% for instance, people can propose improvements for
the amandment. You know the tree: Improvements for improvements for
improvements for documents. Which pobably makes the most sense, when the
number of participants is getting higher.

So it all sounds good! Are you actually going to do it? Or how far are
you already with the cafe?

Mike is off-line for a few days, he'll probably reply later too.

Thomas