common repository for the project

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Mar 26 06:06:11 EDT 2010

Philippe Schelté wrote:
> In fact to have only one shared tracker we should use only one url
>
> http://bitbucket.org/philippes/votorola/issues/
> or
> http://bitbucket.org/mcallan/votorola/issues/
>
> if you search for Votorola in the bitbucket site we find only my repos
> so there is a kind of hierarchical determination for the repos.
> Bitbucket allow you to get your own tracker, but the main tracker is
> still the first repos that have uploaded the sources.

Now we see both (I guess it just takes time):
http://www.bitbucket.org/repo/all/?name=votorola

> Concerning the ability to assign the issue without explicit
> permissions, this is the same with Launchpad, I think that users of
> this kind of tools have enough deontology to respect each others and
> don't abuse from this right. I know that sounds strange but it
> probably works indeed. Nevertheless assigning needs to have an account
> at least.

(I agree, this is unlikely to be a problem.)  So I guess we'd each
check here now and again, to see if anyone's assigned us new work to
do: http://www.bitbucket.org/philippes/votorola/issues/mine/

I'm "following" http://www.bitbucket.org/philippes/votorola/issue/3/
I want to see new comments, and other changes.  Where do I look?

How does bitbucket compare with other issue trackers/taskers?  Has
anyone looked at alternatives?

--
Mike Allan