Poll names and lists

Thomas ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Wed Sep 2 08:22:54 EDT 2009

Hey Mike,

> On the pollserver, we'll have free-form poll names.  They'll never
> change after poll creation.  They'll be short and mostly
> non-descriptive.  For example:
>
>   http://t.zelea.com:8080/v/w/Pollspace/?p=vop
>   http://t.zelea.com:8080/v/w/Pollspace/?p=m

Will these be the names schown in the drop down menu City - City-Wide-
City-Mayor?
Cause there I would like to have the full titles, which you also plan
for the wiki.
Maybe thats not possible, but the full titles will be visible in the
list under "District", right?
Btw, wouldnt "List of Polls" or just "List" instead of "District" be
more clear?

> In the wiki, we'll have full titles like "Votorola Plans" or "Mayor of
> Toronto".  These will be changeable at any time.

If one would want to sabotage a poll, because he is afraid of its
outcome, could he then rename it again and again, so it would be
difficult to find for other voters. (like an edit-war)

> Also, titles for
> user position drafts will be variable from user to user.  For example:
>
>   http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:Mike%40zelea.com/Thomas_for_Mayor!
>   http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:ThomasvonderElbe%40gmx.de/Bürgermeister
>
> Each poll will have an overview in the main namespace, exactly like a
> Wikipedia article.  For example:
>
>   http://t.zelea.com/wiki/Votorola_Plans
>   http://t.zelea.com/wiki/Mayor_of_Toronto

I like these two features very much.

> We're counting on the
> following extension (not yet tested):
>
>   http://semeb.com/dpldemo/index.php?title=Main_Page

Wow, what a powerful filter and sorting tool!
 I tried it out on this german page: http://sesam.dyndns.info:60300/dewiki/index.php
Looks very promising. :-)

Thomas