Registration framework

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Dec 7 00:33:54 EST 2009

Friedrich Lindenberg wrote:
> Agreed.

Well yes, open registration and authentication has already been done
for *users*.  You guys are right, we just take what's there.  (I
should have been clearer in my earlier posts.)  What we need is open
registration for *voters*.  It's a different thing.  I corrected the
intro:

  The registration framework defines standards for identifying users
  and authenticating them as voters. It is mostly about voters, not
  users. So it defines things like registration and authentication in
  electoral districts; proof of residence or organizational
  membership; the compilation of voter lists; and so forth. It does
  not define registration and authentication of users, as such, so it
  is not comparable to OpenID or OAuth.

  http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/Registration_framework

We don't have an open framework for this, yet.  We have designs (at
least one partly implemented) but they aren't strong enough for
anything but an alpha rollout.  They don't meet the requirements - not
unless you guys have a different set of requirements in mind (which is
cool).  So the things to talk about at this stage are pretty simple:

  * Definitions - What is voter registration?
  * Use cases - What's it good for?
  * Requirements that a minimal design must meet

The biggest question on my mind is, do these use cases make sense?  Do
they cover all the ground?
http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/Registration_framework#Use_cases