Beta-one and trial elections

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Jun 14 07:36:51 EDT 2008

Votorola is close to a beta release.  I wonder if other folks agree
with me, and think it's ready for trial elections?

I am looking for critical feedback - especially from potential
administrators who might be interested in bringing open elections to
their local communities (city, county, and so forth) - Do they agree
that it's ready for beta trials?  Or have I overlooked something?

The final pieces - which I'll be coding over next couple of weeks -
involve seeding of the trust network and "policing" of the electoral
register.  They're needed to ensure that only the local residents
vote, and that nobody votes twice.  But an electoral server can run
without these pieces; so maybe it is not too early for administrators
to look at installing Votorola, and becoming familiar with it?

I'll be sounding out opinion in various lists, over the next few days.
Details and cross-links will be posted to my task page, at:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola-tasks.html

Let me know what you think,

Toronto, 647-436-4521