Voting System with Shares that can be used to Pay

Alexander Praetorius citizen at serapath.de
Fri Nov 20 21:16:38 EST 2015

Hey everyone,
Hi Michael,
Hi Thomas,
Hi Ed,
Hi Pietro,
Hi Alex,
Hi Thomas,

with some friends of mine, we try to create ad "coding school for kids".
We are half a dozen people and we didn't want to have a boss, so we came up
with a system how to manage the "company" (which we call network).
So we started with everyone having the same amount of Points (which are
shares) and determine how much money everyone gets if there is revenue -
it's distributed based on the shares you currently have. (We call them
Points - Reputation Points)

Everything we do is based on a web platform were everyone can create TASKS
and attach a "price" in points to it, then others can vote on the task
which the "executors" earn when they finish the task.

Everyone who voted with less than the "median guy" on tasks will pay a
penalty into a pool which is evenly distributed to everyone.

*What do you think of this system?*

For details, check out:
1. https://titanpad.com/8BkF7VANGG
2. https://www.ethercalc.org/rnk82r04zm (this link contains some scenario
calculations)

*It feels to be very scalable and we couldn't figure out a way how to "game
the system".*

--
*DISCLAIMER:*

*Everything I have written above is my personal experience/opinion on
things, no matter what kinds of words i did use(e.g. "always", "never",
"impossible", "waste of time", ....).*

*Such extreme words only do indicate, that my experience/opinion on
something is very strong and i currently cannot imagine that there are
other possibilities until new arguments/insights/whatever open my eyes that
there are alternative perspectives too :-)Please do not feel discouraged to
challenge my opinion if you have a different one.*

*Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen*
Alexander Praetorius
*[mail] *citizen at serapath.de <alexander.praetorius at serapath.de>
*[twitter] *http://twitter.com/serapath
*[github] *http://github.com/serapath