Ping from London

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Sat Mar 14 10:50:40 EDT 2015

On 14 March 2015 at 11:29, Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:

> David Bovill said:
> > Would you care to license your text under a free culture license, so
> > I can engage with it freely?
>
> What about the license at the bottom?  Will that work?
> http://zelea.com/project/votorola/d/theory.xht

Not exactly - it's a software license and not entirely clear that it
applies to the text. If you are OK though I will re-license it with a
standard compatible CC BY-SA 3.0
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/> license linking back to
the original url - that way the text can be remixed with accreditation
retained.

> > By the way what revision control system do yo use for that purpose?
>
> I'm using Git.  User options at the front-end are Git or Mercurial
> (personal choice), with maybe others being added later.
>
> The back-end (not coded yet) will incorporate JGit.  I considered
> Mercurial first, but unfortunately it lacks a suitable Java port.

OK - I would love to know what it is you work on?