[MG] Steps to the future: comparing the different ways forward

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Jun 21 21:56:12 EDT 2014

Jacopo said:
> do you have any video explaining the theory behind votorola?

Unfortunately there's no up-to-date video, Jacopo, neither on the
theory nor the practice.  The basic theory is moral theory, with no
direct connection to voting, democracy, or any particular structure of
society.  I think you're more interested in the practice.  The best
way to learn the practice is to participate, as in this thread:
http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2014-June/006744.html

> ... I am almost convinced that Airesis proposal process is based on
> the Transitive voting as explained in
> http://zelea.com/w/Stuff:Votorola/a/M2

That's interesting.  If Airesis has docs or videos on its design (even
non-English), then I'd like to see them.  Please share links.

The current thread is more about overall plans for going forward.
E.g. what's your plan and where do Airesis's tools fit in?  What's my
plan?  What's Ned's plan.  How do they compare?  That kind of thing.
(This "telling of the big plans" connects with moral theory at the
deepest level, which is why I mentioned it.)

Mike