Minders and pipes

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu May 16 00:21:41 EDT 2013

Alex and Conseo,

Alex said:
> The "Minder" is the one who gets elected into office, right?

Not necessarily.  The essential definition is here:
http://zelea.com/w/Property:Minder

> It's some kind of "user role" and for every minder role you have,
> you get an email adress.

Yes, every minder assignment gives you an additional email address;
the address of the impersonal user you're assigned to mind.

> Who gets control of an adress is subject to election or
> no-confidence voting instead of an admin, right?

Sometimes, but not always.  It depends on the particular practice and
type of impersonal user (container, office pipe, etc.).  In executive
primaries, for example, a candidate for office constructs his/her own
sub-office pipes and minds them.  The minder assignment never changes.
http://zelea.com/w/Stuff:Votorola/p/power_structuring

In text-based primaries, however, the minders for both container and
variant pipes are likely elected by their immediate voters:
http://zelea.com/w/Stuff:Votorola/p/position_space_rationalization
So Vw's three voters elect one of themselves (most likely) as minder.
And so on, down the tree.

Conseo said:
> Maybe I can help already with a new counting implementation. If we
> can layout the design, it would take me a few days to write it in
> Clojure, I just have seminar presentation about fancy statistics
> about LDA in three weeks, so I have not much time atm. But I would
> definitely bring it up in the next month.

Thanks C.  (We spoke since on IRC.)  I guess both count engines need
to support pipes.  We can share notes and maybe port solutions across.
And if one engine starts to look old and tired at some point, then we
can retire it.