Minders and pipes

conseo conseo at polyc0l0r.net
Wed May 15 14:47:41 EDT 2013

Hi Alex and Mike,

Am Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013, 07:46:00 schrieb Alexander Praetorius:
> This sounds totally awesome :-)
> Thanks, it motivated me for today. Oh this will be great.
> The "Minder" is the one who gets elected into office, right?
> It's some kind of "user role" and for every minder role you have, you get
> an email adress.
> Who gets control of an adress is subject to election or no-confidence
> voting instead of an admin, right?
Yes, although the top executive (president or committee/government) nominates
all other offices, it is supposed to select the majority candidates for pipes
and can overrule by definition of execution. This is bound both by its mission
(actual plan/program of the budget primary including the "lower" office pipe
nominations) and by general laws. People will suspend executives who overrule
many majority decisions by shifting their votes away and pulling them out of
office in the next election (decision) or potentially sooner. With this
process they can already force the executive to a) explain and b) make
transparent all of the power structure adjustments. Since vote shifts are also
transparent, the executive(s) can be hold accountable from inside the process.

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:
> > A minder facility is now coded: http://zelea.com/w/Property:Minder
> > For example, I'm the minder of this pipe: [1]
> > http://zelea.com/w/User:Pipe%2B1138-ZeleaCom
> > That means I control the vote of user Pipe+1138-ZeleaCom, and I
> > receive any emails sent to pipe+1138 at zelea.com.
> >
> >   (hit refresh if any of the pages look funny)

Cool! Seems reasonably simple and precise.

> > This is not a complete pipe facility yet.  We still need to code the
> > zero-weight vote.  As you can see here, it's still the usual 1-weight:
> > http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/Votespace?p=Sys!p!sandbox&u=Pipe%2B1138-ZeleaCom
> > We also need to code difference commutation for container pipes [2].

Maybe I can help already with a new counting implementation. If we can layout
the design, it would take me a few days to write it in Clojure, I just have
seminar presentation about fancy statistics about LDA in three weeks, so I
have not much time atm. But I would definitely bring it up in the next month.

> > Pipes are the hollow circles and squares in our practice diagrams:
> > http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.html
> > They appear to be crucial to all practices except assembly elections.
> > So we need a full pipe facility in order to commence practice trials.

Yes.

> > The original idea for pipes is Thomas's, as credited here:
> > http://zelea.com/w/Category:Pipe#cite_note-0

conseo