(BUG) Minor layout glitches in talk HUD

conseo conseo at polyc0l0r.net
Tue Mar 26 21:30:52 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,

Michael Allan wrote:
> Hey Conseo,
>
> > I have fixed the alignment bug of the talk-bubble ...
>
> Confirmed, looks good.  http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.html
>
> There's something else now that's less serious, but I guess still a
> bug.  As I increase my preferred font size, there's a point (for me 22
> in Firefox) where the track dots start looking funny.  They get
> chopped in half.  Larger still and they disappear.  Please confirm.

Reproduced. Do you regularly test for different font sizes? I haven't thought
about this explicitly before, although I start to see the implications on the
Ui.

> I still see the cursor glitch too.  I wouldn't class this as a bug, so
>
> there's no urgency to fix it:
> > > Also the pointer sits under the cursor, not adjacent as in mockup:
> > > http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/talk/mock.html
> > > Adjacent looks better, if you agree.

Agree, although it will jump around the cursor at one point. No problem though
imo.

> Also (another minor thing, not urgent) the top HUD seems too high
> above the track.  HUD bottom should just touch track top when cursor
> is at bottom of its range.

Agreed.

> Also (again minor) the font styling of the top HUD seems to differ
> between left and right.  Right looks smaller, or more condensed, or
> something.  Or maybe it's just the bold weight on the left mnemonic
> that makes me a little cross-eyed (normal face is maybe cleaner here).

Calculated CSS in firebug shows same values except font-weight. It also looks
more "condensed", but it is not smaller. A less bold (font-weight: 600) does
not change my type-face, it has the same degree of "boldness". Maybe I should
avoid it?

> Just little things, these last three.
>
> Mike

conseo