[MG] Wise Use of Funds Raised

Stephen Coffman sungaia3.14 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:04:52 EDT 2013

In my mind the combination is:  a social network, a fundraising platform/foundation, and a self-organizing crowd sourced *process*.

as in....

Develop a global internet *organization* that funds specific projects by rewarding the people/groups that create the most widely supported proposals.
Make crowd-sourcing the *collective mind* fun.

whereas...

Each person/group gets a webpage where they can describe themselves, their vision, their proposal(s), their projects, their community, etc, etc, etc.

People can "like" each others projects, watch them as they progress, make pledges to them, "share" them with others, help develop them, and ultimately vote for them.

*Meta-governance* drives the process....makes it easy...keeps it clean, organized, and open.

The nuts and bolts of the organization/process are managed by members of a *steering committee* who are selected and voted for by the entire network and have a term of one cycle.

The process is cyclical. It moves through stages that line up with the natural cycle....and culminates with a global celebration (maybe Summer Solstice) where the crowd sourced/crowd funded *summit document* is *posted* and read.

Following the celebration, the *advance* begins. Proposals reaching those criteria decided on by the network get funded and awarded.

And then the process continues on....as decided by the most recent iteration of the *document*.

There are project proposals, and process proposals.

Project proposals can be anything...and made by anyone. The network is open to everyone (individuals and groups).....unless of course the *network* decides otherwise. The organization/process supports project development in a variety of ways.... making it fun, easy to source, and simple to find others of *like kind*.

Process proposals can be made by anyone. If they reach a certain threshold of agreement they can alter the *process* of the network.

The organization tracks everything and makes it all available on the main webpage where access to the entire *document* resides. No hiding out!

If I had to choose between existing templates/models I would combine Facebook, Kickstarter, PayPal, the X-Prize Foundation....then add in a little TED and some Burning Man.

It seems to me that it would need to be it's own entity in order for it to adequately surmount the possible influence any vested interests.

I feel there should be an *emphasis* at the beginning to encourage sustainable co-creative awareness and evolution. But those can be very subjective projections. At some point those who develop it will have to let it go and trust the collective mind to intelligently self-organize, regulate and maintain itself.