Wise Use of Funds Raised

Ned Conner npconner at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 16 19:40:10 EDT 2013

There is an active thread over on the Votorola listserv that is raising
many important issues for discussion:
*A New Party Dedicated to Implementing Public Voting*.

The root links to the thread are:
http://mail.zelea.com/list/votorola/2013-June/001748.html
http://mail.zelea.com/list/votorola/2013-June/001753.html
http://mail.zelea.com/list/votorola/2013-June/001749.html (and following)

As often happens when we try to use listserv platforms for rational
discourse, the thread started out as a specific invitation from Rhett
Pepe to Michael Allen, and has since morphed into a wide-ranging
informal conversation between Michael Allen and Ed Pastore. (As an
aside, to effectively and efficiently support decision making through
rational discourse, we need a system that features professional
profiling and automatic multi-threading of each unit and sub-unit of the
discourse, and that structurally, procedurally, reliably, transparently
connects the discourse outcome to the decision outcome. Blinap alone
among all extant decision system designs provides these features. The
listserv platform has none of these features.)

Below is a list dealing with one issue, extracted from the thread, of
aims and values and objectives and strategies, with my addition appended.

    * Rhett wants to start a new (mixed-format) political party (and run
      for city council), as a means to infiltrate Representative
      Democracy with Direct Democracy.
    * Ed wants freedom from representation.
    * Ed wants consensus-oriented direct democracy.
    * Ed is also (like Rhett) considering founding a mixed-format party,
      as a stepping stone.
    * Ned thinks that using our scarce resources to directly compete
      against entrenched powers (that have vastly more resources) on
      their own turf (in our currently existing polyarchies) would be a
      monumental waste of our scarce resources. We can more quickly and
      efficiently create a more effective global "bully pulpit" if we do
      not engage in the utter waste of competing directly (creating
      political parties, running for office, buying advertising, funding
      political campaigns, etc.).