TalkTrack implementation update

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Feb 26 18:47:38 EST 2013

Hi Conseo,

> (1) http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/talk/mock.html
> (2) http://zelea.com/w/Mann/p/urgar

Note to anyone trying to see, first you must turn the toolset switch
to "Votorola": http://zelea.com/w/Stuff:Outcast/switch
The talk track is at top right in (2), and looks the same as in the
mockup (1).

The heads-up display is dynamite! Smooth and fast, and looks great.
One suggestion: the pointer from the talk bubble is inside the cursor.
Blocks the view. I'd move it outside and slightly down. The user
already knows which dot it's pointing to (the one in the cursor).

Another suggestion: the UI in the popup diaglogue (kick facility) is
non-standard. The layout bounces around as state changes. Standard for
text messages is to put them in a scrollable view, so they have a
static size. Overall dialogue size and layout of components (button,
message view) should remain static. (See desktop UIs for examples.)

Possible bug: I did an update and the dialogue popper (+) no longer
appears for me. I can't re-pop (Firefox. Recovers on refresh.
Repeatable.)

But these are just minor points. The track works wonderfully. Please
ping me on IRC when you want it pulled to the ref server.

Good work!

Mike