[DW-X] Post-Doc: Geodeliberation: Enabling Democratic Decision-Making in Local Communities Through Place-Based Deliberative Dialogues

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Sep 4 12:10:02 EDT 2012

I dug into it looking for signs of the technology.  I couldn't find
the full grant proposal, only the abstract.  It's short on specifics:
http://1.usa.gov/TdVzzN

Carroll has no recent publications specific to geodeliberation.  He
was involved in the development of CIVIL (2009), an emergency
management system: http://www.personal.psu.edu/auw133/212n-wu.pdf
http://www.personal.psu.edu/auw133/civil.html
More on Carroll: http://ist.psu.edu/directory/jmc56

Cai's most recent publication (2009) is about attaching notes to maps.
Spatial Annotation Technology for Public Deliberation:
http://spatial.ist.psu.edu/cai/Cai_TGIS_09.pdf
More on Cai: http://ist.psu.edu/directory/gxc26

Cai heads a lab, but the website is full of broken links:
http://spatial.ist.psu.edu/

It's unclear what they'll be working on.