[Votorola-de] (BUG) Null LightableDifference.personName and release of talk track

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Thu Nov 15 14:32:50 EST 2012

Hey Thomas,

Thomas von der Elbe wrote:

> your suggestion makes a lot of sense, Conseo, but I must say, I kind of
> like the behaivior of the vote track.
>
> It is somehow unexpected to have this thing hanging there when you
> scroll down. And I imagine, this gives a new user something to think. It
> somehow tells him to use it, to try it out. Whereas, if it would snap to
> the top it would be easy to overlook.
>
> Maybe we should wait for your suggestion until we have many users and
> the whole thing is rollingalready. What do you think?

I don't think so. Many people, esp. new users will be irritated by the text
scrolling above and below the track. As an alternative the track background
would have to be transparent, maybe with a very subtle translucent background
instead of the solid background it currently has and more than the nothing it
recently had for a short period. This would make it an overlay. But why
clutter the actual page? The stage imo is a frame to mash different web
platforms together and in minimal space, not to dominate them.
For me it also confuses the middle of the interesting headlines on the top of
the page. Btw. if the track sticks at the top, new users still will recognize
its prominent role. Just don't force them to get attention imo. Ideally, users
could drag them around and "dock" them on the top or bottom as they wish
(including to hide them).

conseo