Vote track

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sun May 27 15:51:51 EDT 2012

A preview of the vote track is now running.  It's not quite functional
but the layout is finished [1].  It differs from the original mockup
[2] in having placeholders for missing nodes.  See it here for
example: http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/Votespace?p=Sys!p!sandbox

  (you may need to refresh)  (only tested on Firefox and Chrome)

And here.  Note how it detaches when you scroll the draft:
http://zelea.com/w/User:Frank-FlippityNet/Sys/p/sandbox

Several more releases are needed to finish it:

   i. Integration with the various scenes.  I hope to code these in
      the next week or so.  The notable ones are:

        * Wicket votespace (first link above)
        * GWT votespace
        * Difference bridge
        * Draft pages (second link, deferred till iii)

  ii. Count corrections.  We'll show the user his/her vote shifts in
      the track immediately, instead of waiting for the next count.

 iii. Integration with draft pages.  This includes:

        * Moving the functionality of the old "bridge footing"
          controls into the vote track, and then removing the old
          controls.

        * Adding configurable pin ups to the track.  A drafter can
          then specify which other drafters will be pinned to the
          track when his/her draft is viewed.

 [1] The idea of the segmented arrows is C's.  See the acknowledgement:
     http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/s/gwt/stage/vote/VoteTrackV.html
     http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/s/gwt/stage/vote/CountNodeV.html

 [2] http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/_/mock/