Kick notification source (B) manual detector

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Jun 27 23:01:37 EDT 2012

Sorry for the late reply C, I'm terribly behind on mail.

> I agree, this is a good concept and approach. So we will write a
> global API for Kicker and the harvesting, and use it to catch manual
> DiffKicks first, by hooking it into HarvestWAP. We can then later
> add my proposed inbox- confirmation mechanism to subscribe to forums
> and track them.  I should be good to go implementing this inside the
> current HarvestWAP interface for the client-side talk track button,
> right?

The talk track is definitely a good place for a kick control, because
that's where the manual detection happens.  The manual kick service
behind the control could be part of the HarvestWAP interface, or it
could be a separate service, whichever is better.  Usually separation
is better unless it poses a problem.

(from freenode #votorola)
> what information can we provide in a kick? i would take position-url
> if manually triggered from the web interface, is this reasonable?  i
> need this url to fetch the forums from the candidates page (i need
> the candidate's position page)

I was thinking the kick button would be enabled only when a username
and pollname are known on stage:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/a/web/gwt/App.html#getUsername()
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/s/gwt/stage/Stage.html#getPollName()
So the kick service would receive a username and a pollname.  It would
then kick all the forums named on the user's position page and his/her
candidate's position page.