Kick notification source (B) manual detector

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Thu Jun 21 00:18:33 EDT 2012

Hi Michael,

Michael Allan wrote:
> Here's how manual detection might work:
>
>   0. User posts message to forum.
>
>      Message does not appear in talk track:
>      http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/_/mock/home-4.xht
>
>   1. User presses harvest button on talk track.
>
>   2. Service looks up forums defined by user and candidate.
>
>   3. Service kicks harvesters of those forums.
>
>      Service relays feedback from harvesters to user, "No new messages
>      in forum F.  1 message harvested from forum G."
>
>      Harvested message appears in talk track.
>
> I figure we always need a manual override as a backstop, in any case.
> So it should be safe to code this one first.  We could then defer the
> development of automated detectors (like A) till users get tired of
> pressing the harvest button.

I agree, this is a good concept and approach. So we will write a global API
for Kicker and the harvesting, and use it to catch manual DiffKicks first, by
hooking it into HarvestWAP. We can then later add my proposed inbox-
confirmation mechanism to subscribe to forums and track them.
I should be good to go implementing this inside the current HarvestWAP
interface for the client-side talk track button, right?

conseo