Vote track

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Jun 2 00:13:14 EDT 2012

> Two things: in my firefox the vote track disappears partly behind
> the page when scrolling down. ...

Thanks Thomas.  It was a typo in the style sheet.  Hit refresh and it
should be OK.

There's a bug with Chrome (maybe other WebKit browsers).  The vote
track is sometimes truncated on the right.  I'm working on a fix.

> ... And I must say, for me the size of the vote-arrow is a bit
> confusing, since the candidates are shown with different zoom, then
> their voters. I understand, that this is because of the limited
> space, but maybe we could make this graphically visible with some
> sort of "breaking line" in the middle of the candidates arrows. So
> it looks like, as if they are not shown in its full size.
>
> I mean this only for the one candidate furthest right. His small
> arrow gets expanded drastically, and because of this I oftentimes
> loose it with my eyes. ...

I should probably correct that at some point.  With a day's work, I
could make it *roughly* the right size.  But first try the animated
version below.  Let me know if it's still a priority.

> ... BTW, it would be great, if the browsing through this votespace
> would be animated, slow motion, but I guess, that not possible atm.

I spent a couple of days coding this.  I figured it was the worth the
effort because the transitions were just too disorienting.  Try it out
here: http://zelea.com/w/G/p/sandbox

That should clarify the mechanism.  New users won't understand the
*purpose* at first, but that's probably OK.  They'll understand when
they see it operating in the context of a votespace scene.  I'll code
that part next.