Cycles in transitive voting

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Jul 11 14:43:46 EDT 2012

Welcome Peter,

> Basically each row of the transition matrix contains the shares of
> all the votes of a specific voter that he/she gives to each of the
> other voters (including him/herself).  From the transition matrix
> you get the stationary distribution by finding its eigenvalues and
> those eigenvalues are the final distribution of the votes. ...

I guess the transition matrix would have a single row in our case.
Our votes are atomic and cannot be split.  Instead of splitting, they
coalesce and cascade "like raindrops down the branches of a tree". *
This was a deliberate design choice for us because we wanted a
mechanism to enable and encourage consensus.

 * http://zelea.com/project/votorola/d/theory.xht#medium
   Cycles are described at figure 2.