Difference bridge layout proposal

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Fri Jan 13 16:27:11 EST 2012

Hi,

by discussing with our toolset lately I have found the difference layout to be
rudimentary compared to some diff-patching devel tools. I have mocked up a
side-by-side draft view highlighting difference in different colours. (1)
The major issue mcallan pointed out (2) is that we lose half the horizontal
space which means that the text must be floated.
Do you think the new layout is better understandable by people hitting a link
on one of the discussion media not yet knowing about difference patching? It
looks familiar to my dev-eyes and I got positive feedback from a friend, but
maybe you have better ideas. SVG included. (3)

I am doing this design specific discussion on the votorola mailing list to not
interfere with metagovernment discussions.

conseo

(1) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/diffbridge/2/DifferenceBridge2.xht
(2) http://zelea.com/var/cache/irc/votorola/12-01/13
(3)