TrackStack mockup help request

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Wed Jan 4 02:01:36 EST 2012

Hi,

> I cut some quick mockups of my own.  These are based on the best of
> what you've posted so far, in my opinion:
> http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/xf/vote/_/1.xht
> http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/xf/vote/_/2.xht
> http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/xf/vote/_/3.xht
>
> All I added of my own is micro-segmentation to represent the mosquito
> voters.  I also enabled a bubble view of progress in the center,
> because I think it helps clarify the purpose of the track.
>
> > ... Can somebody see a flaw with this elementary visual?
>
> The visual is strong, but the need for the bubble view as a crutch
> indicates something is missing.  The track doesn't say "progress" as
> clearly as maybe it could.  Do you agree?
>
> How would the track look if the user clicked on Ol. (bottom left)?
> This is not a flaw, but just a question.

I would simply highlight the parts of the progress bar currently selected and
leave the segments out as they show something different. Maybe they can be
added, but I don't see a flaw with the highlighting. This also works for the
difference bridge, as we could optionally show segments there to gain some
fixed view on votespace. Do we need segments? I am still thinking...
Is it too aggressive to highlight the whole segment with arrows?
This also defines how to react when Ol. is selected. This always works,
because in the smallest case we can always highlight one arrow segment at the
appropriate place in the bar. (1)

I also have shown the decision c mechanics only when no endcandidate is
selected. If we put them in there then we lose the space in the circle for
positional information (including maybe the photo/avatar).

conseo

(1) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/8/VotespaceVRac1.xht
http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/8/VotespaceVRac2.xht
http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/8/VotespaceVRac3.xht