Mini-beta and redesign of Crossforum Theatre

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Apr 21 19:01:03 EDT 2012

The Wicket count pages (votespace and rank) are now on stage:
http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/Votespace?p=G!p!sandbox
(hit refresh if it looks funny)

That completes the staging portion of the mini-beta.  What remains is
automated draft creation, single sign-on and mini-votespace.

The last is an interesting puzzle.  Here's the current mini-votespace
in the context of a draft page (scroll to see it, it's floating left):
http://zelea.com/w/User:Test-bg-ZeleaCom/G/p/sandbox
Here's my revised design, shown in the context of the bridge (4):
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/_/mock/diff-1.xht
It isn't good enough.

conseo said:
> I think something like it is possible. Look at how breadcrumb views
> in current file browsers allow you to browse a tree. Basically you
> would have a drop-down box on each level, allowing you to chose
> which voter you are interested in.  This doesn't defeat a
> (current/circular) Votespace stage, it would just make it browsable
> in an embedded track also.

One thing that *doesn't* seem to work in the embedded context of
drafts and differences, where its afloat in a sea of text, is more
text:
         Li. Cs. Ro. Wi.  -->  Ge. Ol. Ev. Tr. Kr. Ly.  -->  Fr.
                                           Am. Sa. Cu.

I think we need pure graphics.  If we could distill the essense of
this http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/scene/vote/_/3.xht and
transfer it to the drafts and difference bridge, that would be ideal.
The overlapping radials make beautiful use of space.  One glance and
you know where you are in the tree.