Mini-beta and redesign of Crossforum Theatre

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 05:14:26 EDT 2012

Hello,

I guess that after the integration of remote wikis the vote-space will
be one of the next places for improvement. Now the more the time goes by
and our work on the circular layout lies in the past, the more doubts I
have about this layout. This makes me feel really bad, because I think,
I was the one to propose it first and people have put quite some time
and work into it. But by now, the old layout looks more serious and more
clear to me. The circular looks more playful and hip and cool, but do we
really want this? And this at the cost of clarity imo.

Another thing: I'm thinking to start a serious poll (not just for
testing purposes). And I feel, that the most natural way to start would
be to have a circel of voters first, instead of a hierarchy-pyramide
with me (or someone else) on the top. And also if I imagine this poll to
get older and bigger, still I have the picture of a circle of voters
(maybe 20 or so) in the middle of it (all with the same position ofc).
Do you agree, that this is likely to be a common use-case? If yes, what
could we do, to make such voter-circles be better visible in the
vote-space than now?

Greetings,
Thomas