TrackStack mockup help request

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Sat Oct 8 01:11:48 EDT 2011

Hey,

since your recommendations differed, I have tried to create a synthesis in two
new mockups (1):

2g.xht shows the old 2b layout which focused on arrow and segments. All
separators are now arrows. I have transferred Alex finish flag idea into a
"speed bar" pointing to the target. The second line shows a timeline being
blend in (as Thomas suggested with gradient coloring/translucency) and ETA.
ETA is not commonly understood, so I have decided to use a question mark to
show that is only an estimation. Arrows below the timeline show increases in
donations, arrows above decreases. They differ in size depending on the
shifted amount. Music notes came to my mind here, but I haven't found a good
visual yet (e.g. karaoke games).

2g.m1.xht shows a mouse-over effect over one of the segments. It draws
connectors between the two one dimensional graphs (TrackStacks). A highlight
color should be added I think. I have talked to FB users and followed my
Diaspora habits and they have told me that the mugshots are too small in your
mockup, Alex. On hover I have enough space to show a really individual avatar.
(Besides the argument of clutter).
I am also in favor now of iconizing the poll descriptors like G/p/prz. These
visuals show that real, individual people are on there and esp. if you can get
in contact with them on the ground as well, this will be very attractive. Once
we agree upon the way to show popups, I will also draw a mockup for the 10,000
target, the ETA and single arrows on the timeline.

Although I focused on each visual on the single visualized aspect and spared
the color dimension for later, I still think the symbolics of the timeline
could be better? What do you think?

Sources are uploaded.

conseo

(1) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/