User photograph in votespace

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Nov 23 08:40:33 EST 2011

Hey C,

We were speaking about the photo too, yesterday:
http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/3/trackstack-proto3.ns.png

I forgot what the #1 problem was at the time.  I thought it was
brightness, but there are programmatic solutions for that, ofc.  The
#1 problem is actually the overlap and/or traversal as we move to
higher/outer circles.  This means that the photo *cannot* be placed in
center.  So where can it be placed?
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/xf/vote/_/3.xht

Maybe we place it inside the outermost circle.  So just left/below
Fr. on the radial line to Ol (see 3.xht).  It could be fairly large if
need be, but not as large as in your mockup.  In any case, it will
sometimes be partly obscured by data on the radial line (numbers or
whatever the current SAC puts there).  That data must sit in front of
the photo where it is always visible, probably on a dark background.
The radial lines themselves will not obscure the photo however,
because they will run behind.

But again, this has no affect on layout.  We can defer the photo till
we actually need it.