[MG] Minimal start plan - inter-community network

Ed Pastore epastore at metagovernment.org
Sun May 22 11:48:54 EDT 2011

On May 22, 2011, at 4:17 AM, Michael Allan wrote:

>  A. Multiple online communities, each:
>
>          i. Communicatively competent.
>
>         ii. Actively engaged in discussion.
>
>        iii. Having recently discussed more-or-less the same topic,
>             albeit separately.
>
> --snip--
>
> The topic might be political if we can pick and choose (it must meet
> requirement A).  But in any case, I agree that it should be something
> of consequence.

Would it be conceivable for the communities to be focused on the same
topic but fervently opposed to each other?

For example, on the topic of abortion (which is extremely
controversial at least here in the United States), there are several
vibrant communities on each side of the issue, plus numerous other
communities which have sub-groups discussing one side or the other, or
sometimes both.

I have always felt that most of this "debate" is spurred by political
parties, and that a real synthesis-driven effort could bring about
some important consensuses in this realm.